10 Things I’m Loving This Week: March 12 – 17, 2018
Do you ever get through an entire week and wonder, “where did this past week go?” That definitely happened to me this past week because SO MUCH happened and after a night of reflecting really brought that to light. Four months ago, I started 3 major life-projects and in one week, they all seemed to practically finish themselves and I am beyond thrilled to have accomplished so much AND not losing it! So here it goes, the 10 great things about this week.
Let me explain…
1. About 4 months ago is when my second custody disagreement began. I shared a little about it on my Instagram and Facebook so without getting into the details, I can finally say, it’s over (for now)! The custody portion wasn’t exactly what I wanted but at the end of the day, the schedule is finally less inconsistent for Cash and that’s the most important thing. Another huge weight lifted off my shoulders is that the judge also increased my child support payment to a higher number, which really benefits Cash.
The term “Creative Hustler” really came into fruition when I was a single mom. Every penny I made went to food, rent, and car payment. There was no extra wiggle room to do the fun and expensive things with Cash and that made me really sad. I would stay up till 2am working on new ways to make just a little extra money to support us and then up at 7am to do it all over again. And you know what? I made it work! So when I was granted just a little extra, I literally felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.
Now I could take Cash to do all the fun things I always wanted to do but couldn’t afford. I could buy him new clothes rather than accepting the hand-me-downs. So with all the court drama behind me, I can say I learned a lot about the legal system, people, and my own inner strength.
Let the wedding plans begin!
2. Another exciting thing I started about 4-5 months ago was wedding planning! I have never been so excited for our big day. It’s almost been a year since we got engaged and I have never been more sure of anything in my life. Trav is my soulmate and the yin to my yang. Cash and I are both so head over heels for this man, I feel like we’re already married because my heart is all in already! Ok, wow! I am so sappy! Love you Trav!
We are having a very small wedding so I opted to plan the whole thing, plus I’m a bit of a control freak so why wouldn’t I?! Aside from ordering our wedding bands, everything is ready to go for the big day! I keep a list at my desk (WATCH: Why I make lists HERE) of all the things I need to do and my wedding category is pretty non-existent now. The last little struggle is figuring out what to serve as a dessert. If anyone has suggestions, please leave me a comment!
My new venture
3. And last but not least, I am so excited to announce that Mommy Made Easy is officially for sale on Amazon. This has been my little baby for the last 5 months. Starting a new company is no joke! Some nights I would have to stop working because my head was spinning with knowledge. I learned the ins and outs of Fulfillment by Amazon, shipping large items, and creating a brand from scratch. I even learned how to add all my products on my website so they’re shoppable.
When you’re done reading this, go check it out and let me know what you think! Shop My Store Here
A new opportunity
4. I was asked to be the face of Twila True Beauty Body Care. I am a huge fan of their body care line because all their products are cruelty-free and are made with all-natural ingredients. The company’s founder, Twila, is a total boss. Her story as an entrepreneur is so inspiring and I love that she really encompasses woman power into her business.
Feeding my brain
5. With all this craziness going on, I haven’t had the time to sit and read a book. I absolutely love learning new things. Ever since I graduated from college, I crave knowledge to keep my mind active. So I’m loving podcasts and audible books. Right now I’m listening to Jenna Kutcher’s Goal Digger Podcast. It’s a great listen for anyone starting a new business and how to adjust your mindset to achieve your success.
Once I’m done with that one, I plan to find How To Talk To Your Kids So They Will Listen by Adele Faber + Elaine Mazlish. (Yes, I just Googled how to cite a book online because I completely forgot how) I like learning about so many different things so I tend to hop around a lot but if you’re a busy person like me, I highly suggest maximizing your time when you’re driving or at the gym and switch from music to podcasts or audio books.
6. My favorite foundation makeup brand, Makeup FOREVER, reached out to gift me their new lightweight foundation and liquid highlighter. I started my blogging journey with beauty posts because that’s what I knew from all my years of modeling and getting ready on my own. I definitely had a proud moment when they reached out because it felt like the most popular girl in high school inviting you to a party with her. Like, “Oh, you noticed me! Oh gosh, what do I do? What do I say? I’m freaking out here!” Haha.
But really, I love Makeup FOREVER. I use their HD Stick + Full Coverage concealer on days when I’m shooting because it makes my combination skin look flawless! So I tried their sheer to medium coverage foundation and loving it for every day. I also got a goodie bag from NYX Cosmetics so I tried their brow pencil in brunette and Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee. I’m def loving the way my brows turned out!
7. I also opted out of going out this weekend and don’t regret it for a minute. I thought maybe for a second I would want to go see what the outside world looks like so I hit up my best girlfriends and decided I didn’t want to party with the leprechauns or dye my lips green from green beer so I stayed in and had an amazing night of online shopping and reading articles that I’d saved for months but hadn’t read. I opened my new favorite wine, Fog Theory, and watched reality tv.
Fog Theory is a really flavorful Pinot Noir, it has the flavor of a cab but light-bodied like a Pinot Noir. Trav randomly stumbled upon it one night when he made dinner. It’s definitely a bit of a splurge as far as wine’s go. I never buy a bottle over $10 but after the week I had, I splurged.
The three online stores I’m loving right now are Storets.com, Lulus.com, NastyGal.com, and of course Forever21.com
8. I started a Poshmark closet. I am in a major spring cleaning mode. I really feel like I’m ready to purge the old and start fresh. So if you’re looking to come up on some hardly worn clothing items, definitely check it out HERE. I will be doing a Shoe Edit later this week with tons of great deals and steals. Poshmark is so great because it’s formatted similarly to Instagram, super easy to post and buy/sell items. They also include the shipping in the price!
9. This is my FIRST year living in the same place for more than 1 year. I almost can’t believe it but loving the stability. I moved out when I was freshly 18 because my parents moved to Colorado. So for the longest time, I lived with roommates and when our lease ended, we always parted ways, either to attend a different college or because we couldn’t stand the other person’s messy habits. The roommate thing never really worked for me, I really like minding my own business and walking my own path of life. When we would part ways, I ended up back at my grandma’s house.
It wasn’t until after college when I started making enough money to live on my own and that was amazing. I loved living on my own! Then I moved in with Cash’s dad, we moved around A LOT, almost 2x a year. But that’s a story for another day. I’m just so very happy to be in the same place for a while. This year has truly flown by with so many amazing memories!
Big number 10
10. Well…I attempted to make this list 12 Things I’m Loving Right Now but only got 9 and I hate odd numbers so here’s another one just to make it even!
What I’m Looking Forward to Next Week:
1. Working on my clothing line, Socially Acceptable…I might be addicted to starting new brands now.
2. A couple potentially big phone calls for upcoming gigs, I’ll keep you posted!
3. My mom is coming to visit
4. Doing something special and fun with Cash. I have a couple ideas but if anyone has fun outings to do with toddlers, leave me a comment!