Healthy Philly Cheese Steak Dinner
Ok, let me first start off by saying that I am a terrible food photographer. My dinner hours usually consist of preparing dinner, getting Cash fed, actually cooking dinner, getting Cash seconds, cleaning up after Cash, eating dinner, bath time, and then cleaning up after dinner. I love when I find a quick great recipe like this healthy Philly Cheese steak dinner one!
So bare with me when I say, this photo was taken AFTER I ate and as an afterthought of “ahh SHIT, I should probably blog about this deliciousness… But I promise you it’s worth trying out.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Bell Peppers. I like to get one in every color because it makes it look colorful and it’s fun picking out your favorite color.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 package of ground turkey. I use Jenni-O lean.
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 1 Cup of low-moisture mozzarella, shredded
- Garlic Salt
- No Salt Added Table Seasoning or a basic Everything seasoning
How you make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Start cooking quinoa
- Caramelize Onions. Chop the onion in half, remove the root and cut lengthwise so the pieces make a “C” shape. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and then add onion. Let simmer.
- Add ground turkey to onions once the onions have been cooking for about 10-15 minutes or until they’re transparent.
- In large mixing bowl, mix cooked quinoa, turkey, and onions
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise and remove seeds
- Stuff bell peppers with quinoa mix
- Top with shredded mozzarella
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bell peppers look a little wilted