Self Care Sunday: 10 Ways to De-Stress When You Don’t Really Have the Time
We see it all the time on social media: “practice self care”
But practicing self care is much easier said than done. Especially when you’re busy AF and don’t really know what self care is. When I first started practicing self care, I thought it was some sort of meditation, woo-saw practice. So I would go on with my day until I got super stressed, then my anxiety would kick in, and I would think, “I should practice self care more often and maybe I won’t get so stressed.” However, I knew nothing about self care and where to start.
This is my self care journey…
And I’m ok with it not being ok for everyone. I challenge you to find your own journey to preventing anxiety and stress by doing some of these self care ideas.
If you have 5 minutes…
- Give yourself a hand massage. I suggest using a lotion that has stress relieving lotion like Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Lotion
- Dance to your favorite song. This really helps me when I’m cooking dinner or somewhere in the privacy of my own home…lol
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly. Try inhaling through your mouth for 5 seconds, and out your nose for 5 seconds.
- Treat yourself to a spa day. Well not a full spa day because this is 5 minutes, but invest in some quality skincare products to make you feel a little extra luxurious
If you have 20 minutes…
- Call someone calming and ask them how their day is.
- Make a meal that is for you and only you. What’s something you love to eat but isn’t a crowd pleaser? Make something for yourself.
- Read a chapter of a book
If time isn’t an issue…
- Go on a mini vacation. If you can take 1-2 days, book a room 3 hours out of town and explore new scenery
- Volunteer. This is one of my favorites. It’s crazy how your problems seem to disappear when you see others who just need your time
- Cleanse your world. Take time to clean junk food out of your cupboard or distance yourself from toxic people. What you see on a daily basis really affects your mood.
What do you do for self-care?
Let me know in the comments, I love chatting with you all!