Giving back to others has always been a passion of mine. Two years ago I started a hashtag campaign called #LoveCuresAllHate. At the time, I was a single mom who was in shock by the current events. There were mass shootings, bombings, and cars running over crowds of people. Was I really going to raise my child in a world filled with hate?? The answer was NO.
So that’s where #LoveCuresAllHate came about
I realized there wasn’t going to be change without action and that one person really can make a difference. You can read more about #LoveCuresAllHate here on one of my first blog posts. But the point is that love spreads like wildfire. If you show some one love when they need it most, they will be encouraged to pass it on. Giving back doesn’t need to be a grand gesture or cost a ton of money. Like I said, I was a single mom barely getting by myself. I definitely didn’t have the funds to give back. At the time, I was more of the person who needed the love. But nonetheless, I gave back because the world needs more love. So I partnered with AfterShokz Headphones to spread holiday cheer for all to hear!
Let’s learn a little more about AfterShokz and who they are
AfterShokz has changed the way you listen to music. They are open-ear headphones that allow you to listen to your music while still experiencing the world around you. Now, I’m not a runner but I have tried many times to become one. I love being out in the fresh air and getting a workout in. But I always hated the sensory deprivation of not being able to hear the outside noise. AfterShokz‘s headphones use bone conduction technology so your eardrums are open to your environment, super cool! They even sent me a pair to try out and they are so light, I almost forgot I was wearing them! I guess that is because the headphones are made with titanium in all the right places to make them the lightest open ear headphones to date.
This holiday season, AfterShokz is all about #GiveGoodVibes. For Black Friday, they are doing a BOGO (buy one, give one). If you purchase a Trekz Air or Trekz Titanium between November 23, 2018 – November 26, 2018, AfterShokz will include an open-box Trekz Titanium Slate Grey to give as a gift. So what better way to give back this holiday season, then to give a pair of AfterShokz?!
Visit https://mbsy.co/aftershokz/20571700 to sign up and be the first to know about the BOGO deal!
As a matter of fact, I think it’s such a great idea, I decided to do my own little giveaway to jumpstart the #GiveGoodVibes campaign. Do you know someone who has been a Rockstar all year long but rarely gets the credit? Maybe a mom who always puts everyone before herself or a friend who is always there for you when you need them or your dad who has always been a hard worker but never complains? I want to give them a pair of Trekz, all you have to do is nominate them!
In the comment section, let me know who you think deserves these headphones the most and write me a short little reason why they deserve them. I’ll be announcing a winner on November 15, 2018
Here are some more ways to give back this holiday season
1. Compliment a stranger – Spreading love and good vibes doesn’t have to cost a penny. Next time you’re face to face with a stranger, give them a sincere compliment.
2. Leave uplifting notes on parked cars – Write out 15 short notes like “Remember you are never alone. Never forget you are loved” or “Inhale Courage, Exhale Fear”
3. Send a military care package – There are thousands of soldiers who won’t be celebrating the holidays with their families this year. Head over to AnySoldier.com to find a list of exactly what a soldier needs when overseas.
4. Donate in-season clothes – I’m guilty of donating summer clothes in the winter too but instead, donate some jackets and pants that might not be ready to donate but there are plenty of people who can use them when the weather gets cold!
5. Leave some money by a vending machine – I tape a few dollars to a vending machine with a nice note to cheer up a random stranger getting a snack
6. Grab another person’s grocery cart – We all hate putting back the grocery cart but moms with kids and the elderly could definitely use the help.
7. Bring sweet treats to the police station – You’re already making one pie, why not double the recipe and drop it off at the police station on your way to celebrate?
8. Leave laundry detergent at the laundry-o-mat – Laundry detergent is actually pretty expensive so when I did this, the people inside were super grateful of the little but practical gift.
9. Call a relative and ask how you can help them today – and don’t take no for an answer, we all need help with something!
10. Buy coffee for the person in line behind you – Always a good one. Last time I did this, the person behind me bought the coffee for the person behind them and it continued for like 10 people!
What are some things that you do to #GiveGoodVibes? I’m always looking for new ideas to keep the love growing!
Also, don’t forget to nominate some one to win a pair of AfterShokz Trekz in the comments.