Protein Blueberry Banana Pancakes
Like I’ve always said, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Growing up my mom ALWAYS had breakfast on the table for us before we rushed off to school. They weren’t always the most nutritious breakfasts (she did try by adding fresh fruit) but man, they were DELICIOUS!!! I’m in love with these Protein Blueberry Banana Pancakes!
As I learn to raise my own kids, I look back on events like that and look to them for inspiration. I enjoyed banana pancakes growing up, so I want Cash to enjoy pancakes as much as I did.
With a few little tweaks to my mom’s Bisquick banana pancakes, I have an equally delicious recipe packed with lots of protein, simple ingredients, and healthy carbs.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract – I found a super bomb “vanilla bourbon extract” on Amazon that is worth trying
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- maple syrup
Here’s what you do:
- Add all the ingredients, except blueberries, to a blender and blend until batter is smooth and frothy.
- Fold in 1/2 cup the blueberries by hand
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. I like a store bought coconut oil spray.
- Pour batter into skillet, cook on one side until bubbles appear around the edges and F L I P!
- Top with 1/2 cup of blueberries, coconut, and syrup
- Voila! Enjoy!
If you’d like to try these, make sure you hashtag #CupKateRecipes so I can see your beautiful creations
Follow me on Pinterest
Comments welcome, I love reading them!